The fifth iteration of India’s most loved scooter was unveiled at the 2018 Auto Expo, with some minor design enhances and few useful features. Prices begin at Rs 52,460 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the Standard variant.We list down the six changes made to the Honda Activa 5G.
1. New Deluxe Variant: The new Honda Activa 5G is offered in two versions – the base Standard variant and the top-end Deluxe trim with a host of new features. Many of these have been borrowed from the newly launched Honda Grazia. The Activa Deluxe is priced at Rs 54,325 (ex-showroom, Delhi) which is about Rs 2,000 over the Standard variant.
2. All-new instrument cluster: The Honda Activa 5G Deluxe variant sports a new digital-analogue instrument console which will offer a variety of information. This includes ‘Eco’ speed indicator and even a service due alert.
3. Styling tweaked: The Activa 5G carries forward the Activa 3G and 4G scooter design but the 2018 version gets a few minor styling updates. This includes a few chrome highlights, a new exhaust cover, and a redesigned headlight which is all-LED and sports segment-first Day-time Running Lights (DRLs).
4. More Equipment: To improve the value-for-money proposition the 2018 Activa offers a few convenient features which include a front hook, four-in-one lock with seat opener switch and retractable rear hook.
5. New Colours: Adding some zing to the Honda Activa are a couple of funky new colours such as the Dazzle Yellow Metallic shade which was displayed at the Auto Expo and a new Pearl Spartan Red.
6. Engine: There are no mechanical changes, as the popular 109.19 cc petrol engine continues to power the Activa 5G, and is capable of 8 PS and peak torque of 8.94 Nm.
7. Suspension: Although many were expecting a suspension upgraded to telescopic fork, but for now the Activa continues to be sprung with basic rear-link suspension.